Sunday, April 2, 2017

Flash 55 PLUS!

Greetings to all poets and friends. It is time for the Flash 55 Challenge! The rules of this prompt have not changed: Write a piece of poetry or prose on a subject of your choice in precisely 55 WORDS.

Fair Use


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

PLUS!

In February this year, NASA announced the discovery of a solar system called Trappist-1, in the constellation Aquarius. I'm sure most have read about this already, but for those who would like to read more, please click HERE and for a 360 degree virtual tour, click HERE.

Our optional extra part of this challenge is "Worlds Apart" vs "Extremely Close". Feel free to interpret this in any way that seems relevant, Sci Fi/ Space themes are welcomed but not mandatory.


15 comments:

Kerry O'Connor said...

Wishing all a very pleasant Sunday!

brudberg said...

Happy Sunday Kerry. Will post soon

Kim M. Russell said...

Have a sunny Sunday, Kerry! I will be back later this morning!

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Happy Sunday everyone ❤️

I couldn't help but go into the romantic zone when I thought about 'World's apart'.. so here goes.. posted!❤️ Thanks for hosting us, Kerry!

grapeling said...

short is good :)

thanks, Kerry ~

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Not a very sunny Sunday here. I am at present living extremely close to areas of heavy flooding. But as I am thankfully too high up to be affected, my part of town and that part of town are suddenly, in many ways, words apart!

Susie Clevenger said...

Happy Sunday everyone! I was supposed to be traveling home today, but the whole drive will be flash floods and tornado watches. Staying put and will head home tomorrow.

hedgewitch said...

No plus this time, but can't miss a 55. Best of Sundays to all.

Anonymous said...

Happy Sunday all. I'm off to a bonfire and a possibly 'awkward' encounter with the Clash song 'Should I stay or should I go?' rattling around in my head. Comments and reading will follow post party. Wish me luck.

Gillena Cox said...

Good Sunday every one

much love...

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Just home from work... going to reply to your wonderful and sweet comments and visit you all too. Thank you for your love and patience ❤️

Marian said...

Flash! Uh huh!

Outlawyer said...

Hey Kerry, couldn't resist a 55 or your kindness. Not so sure about the poem or month, but there it is. k.

The Bizza said...

Thanks for the prompt. This was pretty fun!

Bekkie Sanchez said...

I'll try and see what I can come up with. Not sure I can do a poem a day but I can drop in sometimes as I do enjoy writing. I'm planning on going to Oakland on Tuesday to visit my BFF again so will be busy.

Have a nice Sunday, everyone! Hugs!