Tuesday, April 11, 2017

The Tuesday Platform

Welcome to the Imaginary Garden ...




Greetings to all poets in this one month of the year dedicated to the art of poetry writing. I have been so inspired in the first 10 days, and I know that resolve may be flagging but taking a target-free approach has enabled me to enjoy the process without feeling pressured to keep a tally. I hope each person who is writing this month has a renewed sense of community thanks to the wonderful support of all those who have and will support our efforts in this space.

The Tuesday Platform sets no parameters for the poetry shared. You may want to share something written for earlier this week, a prompt you may have missed or wish to revisit or something from your archives. Anything goes.
However, in keeping with our prompt a day motto, I offer one small suggestion in the form of a question:

Has a song saved your life?

Use a song as the inspiration for your poem, take your title from the lyrics or add a link a song that saved your life.

P.S. I attended my daughter's graduation in which she attained her B.Soc.Sci. (Psych) on Monday and will be spending today away from home. Apologies in advance if I only get to read your poems later in the week. 


14 comments:

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Your 'small suggestion' packed a punch! (And it's a good thing to get that poem written.)

Anonymous said...

The perfect prompt with which to start my day. Have my song on loop now.

Cressida de Nova said...

Congratulations on your daughter's graduation , Kerry !
Evey poet's household needs a shrink or a psych :)

Jim said...

Congratulstions to 'Kerry's Daughter'. And to Kerry too for helping her through. This is really good news, a milestone reached!!!
My writing will be later.
..

Magaly Guerrero said...

Enjoy your time with your daughter, Kerry. Congratulations to her (and to you for helping her get there)!

Maude Lynn said...

Congratulations to both of you, Kerry!

I don't know if the song I picked saved my life, but it has certainly saved my day more than once!

Timoteo said...

It's a new day...let's hop to it, Toads!

Kerry O'Connor said...

Many thanks, friends. It was a wonderful day.

Kerry O'Connor said...

I have not had the time to write, but I am sharing a snap of my daughter and I, and a song of her choice.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Congratulations, Kerry for your daughter's graduation❤️ just came home from work. Hmmm... I do have a song-like poem I like to share!! *be right back*

Justin Lamb said...

I didn't write about music this time but it's a great idea.

Anonymous said...

Good writing to all

Susie Clevenger said...

I wrote about music, but it is echoes of the 60's that seems to be current news. Congratulations to your daughter Kerry!!

De Jackson said...

Loved this. Thank you. Will be around for some visits tomorrow morning. We're on spring break in Tahoe, and I'm also trying to juggle three or so daily prompts. ;)