Saturday, August 5, 2017

Flash 55 PLUS!

Greetings to all poets and friends. It is time for the Flash 55 Challenge!
The rules of this prompt have not changed: Write a piece of poetry or prose on a subject of your choice in precisely 55 WORDS.

Alphabet by Erté
Fair Use


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

PLUS! 

For the OPTIONAL EXTRA part of this challenge, I invite you to consider the art of Romain de Tirtoff a.k.a. Erté . Follow THIS LINK to view examples of his works on WikiArt.
Feel free to post more than one 55-word piece to this prompt, which will remain first on the Home Page until Tuesday morning. Please return to enjoy the poetry of fellow poets.


10 comments:

Magaly Guerrero said...

I think I will come back to this one for seconds. Erté's work is delicious!

Happy Saturday, everyone!

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Hi kids, the wildfires are still burning in B.C., and the haze now covers even Vancouver Island. A few fires have started on the Island , sparked by human carelessness, but have been dealt with swiftly. The hot month of August ahead, and no rain in sight.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Happy Weekend, everyone!❤️

Gillena Cox said...

A good Saturday all, will be back with my response 😍

Much love...

Gillena Cox said...

A good Saturday all, will be back with my response 😍

Much love...

tonispencer said...

Thank you for this prompt. I have always enjoyed the artwork of Erte and find so many possibilities for inspiration.

Angie said...

Hot times everywhere it seems, huh Sherry? I wrote a hot little poem too. Thanks K

Outlawyer said...

The Erte is very fun, Kerry, thanks. k.

Marian said...

My goodness, I've been on vacation and apparently don't even know what day it is. I guess that's a good thing! xoxo, Toads.

hedgewitch said...

Thanks everyone for all the kind comments--if I haven't visited you yet, bear with me-I will be by as soon as I can.