Thursday, September 7, 2017

Words Count with Mama Zen

Image result for book of words

For a creative writing class, my offspring had to create a book of favorite words.  Knowing a good thing when I see it, I stole a few of them for this poetry prompt.

The Words:

mimicry
testament
rapture
cool
dachshund
cherubim
heretic
infinitesimal
convenient
serendipity

Your Assignment:

Chose three words from the above list and compose a little bit of brilliance of sixty words or less. Bonus points if you title your poem "Book of Words."

Have fun!


11 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Ha, cool prompt. I coughed up a few quick words. Smiles. Was a nice antidote to the more distressing one I wrote just before it, full of wolves and the apocalypse!

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Loved the prompt, MZ 💖 sharing my poem 'Serendipity'.. Happy Thursday, everyone!💖

brudberg said...

Bedtime here... there is a great book of poems called Rapture by Carol Ann Duffy...read it

Anonymous said...

Looong day. Tired. Therefore Haiku and sneaky title.

Jim said...

Oh Golly, cool cherubim.
Do ours have real or fake wings?
Nice woRd list.
..

Anonymous said...

Hello all. Wonderful contributions.

Susie Clevenger said...

Great prompt! Thank you Mama Zen!

Gillena Cox said...

Luv the prompt, have a nice weekend toads

much love...

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Only just spotted this prompt (been busy away from computer). Once I had spotted it, how could I resist a book of words? *Smiles.*

Outlawyer said...

Mine is a bit silly, but I just felt like I had to go that way. Thanks, MZ. k.

Maude Lynn said...

Thanks for playing, guys! I've been traveling, so I'm a little behind on visits.